FOR the new generations moving into political life a study of the Spanish Civil War of 1936–39 contains valuable lessons. This book, hammered out in time with the dramatic events it describes, stands in direct line with the great writings of Marx and Engels on the Revolutions of 1848 and the Paris Commune and Trotsky’s History of the Russian Revolution. No doubt later historical research has been able to uncover from the record a more detailed account of the facts, and the reports of (...)
Accueil > Mots-clés > Traduction > English
Revolution and counter-revolution in Spain
19 September 2010
CLR JAMES AND THE NEGRO MOVEMENT IN THE USA
22 March 2009
C L R James 1939 The Right of Self-Determination and the Negro in the United States of North Americas
Source: SWP New York Convention Resolutions, 11 July 1939.
In 1930 Negroes in America constituted nearly twelve million, or 10 percent of the American population. Of these, two-thirds were still in the South, despite the war and postwar emigration to the North. In the cities of the North and East, the Negroes form only a small minority of the population, generally less than 10 percent. (...)
The growth of socialism, Eugen Debs
23 August 2008
The growth of socialism
Not many of those schooled in old-party politics have any adequate conception of the true import of the labor movement. They read of it in the papers, discuss it in their clubs, criticise labor unions, condemn walking delegates, and finally conclude that organized labor is a thing to be tolerated so long, only, as it keeps within “proper bounds,” but to be put down summarily the moment its members, like the remnants of Indian tribes on the western (...)
The State and Revolution, Lenine
14 May 2008
Lenine (Septembre 1917)
CLASS SOCIETY AND THE STATE
1. The State: A Product of the Irreconcilability of Class Antagonisms
What is now happening to Marx’s theory has, in the course of history, happened repeatedly to the theories of revolutionary thinkers and leaders of oppressed classes fighting for emancipation. During the lifetime of great revolutionaries, the oppressing classes constantly hounded them, received their theories with the most savage malice, the most furious hatred (...)
Why I am not a Christian
15 May 2008
Site : Matière et révolution
Summary of the site in french
Summary of the site : The Matter and the Revolution (in english)
Why this site (in french) ?
To write us, tape here
Why I Am Not A Christian
March 6, 1927
As your chairman has told you, the subject about which I am to speak tonight is "Why I Am Not a Christian." Perhaps it would be as well, first of all, to try to make out what one means by the word (...)
The first open declaration of opposition by old Bolshevik leaders to Stalinism in 1923
27 December 2021
The Platform of the 46
A week after Leon Trotsky had sent his letter to the Central Committee 46 prominent Bolsheviks, some of whom occupied leading posts in economic management, presented their own criticism of the economic and inner-Party policy of the Party leadership of Kamenev, Zinoviev, Stalin, Rykov and Tomsky. This statement of opposition which became known as ‘The Platform of the 46’ was submitted to the Politburo on October 15, 1923, after being circulated among a number of (...)
Hegel’s philosophy and science
10 February 2009
Hegel’s philosophy and science
Friday 1 January 2010
Hegel’s Philosophy of Nature
Analytical Table of Contents Preliminary
§ 192 Nature has presented itself as the idea in the form of otherness. § 193 Hence nature exhibits no freedom in its existence, but only necessity and contingency. § 194 Nature is to be viewed as a system of stages, in which one stage necessarily arises from the other. § 195 Nature is, in itself a living whole. § 196 The idea as nature can be named (...)
Religion : its social roots and role
2 June 2008, by Robert Paris
Definitions of religion, like definitions of the state, generally tell us more about the social and political allegiances of the author of a given definition than about the true nature of religion or the state. Loyalties – that is, class interests and class outlook – are transferred into definitions; especially is this true of religion. Typical of such definitions is a theologian’s formula for Christianity as ‘the synthesis of the highest aspirations of man’. The fact that definitions are (...)
Le rôle des rêves, Freud
27 novembre 2009, par Robert Paris
"Le rêveur a à sa disposition le mode d’expression symbolique qu’il ne connaît ni ne reconnaît à l’état de veille."
La fonction des rêves - Le rêve anxieux
Maintenant que nous savons que tout au long de la nuit, le préconscient est orienté vers le désir de dormir, nous pouvons suivre le processus du rêve avec une bonne compréhension. Mais résumons d’abord ce que nous savons déjà de ce processus. Nous avons vu que les résidus diurnes sont restés de l’activité de veille (...)
It is their crisis, not ours !
7 December 2008, by Robert Paris
Why Not Share The Work
With No Cut In Pay!
Unemployment is now officially over nine percent in California and expected to go higher. Jobs have been cut in construction, manufacturing, transportation, retail, the high tech and service sectors and city and state and federal governments.
In addition, there has been an increase in the numbers of workers who have had their hours cut or who are forced to work part-time because they can’t find a fulltime job. And many (...)
- Crève sale nègre de H. Rap Brown - Die Nigger Die by Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin -
- 200.000 ouvriers manifestent en Inde - Two hundred thousand workers march to parliament in India
- Affrontements en Equateur - En français - In English
- China: Free jailed labour activists, stop suppressing labour organizations!
- China: Militant steelworkers’ action blocks privatisation
- China: Pollution protests against "death factory" suppressed
- China’s 60th anniversary celebrations not for "the people"
- Comme d’habitude, la communauté internationale, autrement appelée l’impérialisme, laisse les dictatures du monde arabe écraser les révoltes de Libye comme de Bahrein ou du Yémen...
- Corée du Sud - Des militants révolutionnaires menacés de lourdes peines de prison
- Dérives policières et militaires en France
- Dirigentes sindicales amenazados de muerte
- Egypte : c’est en 2008 que des ouvriers du textile lançaient pour la première fois des mouvements via internet...
- Hunger and Misery are the Agitators, Not Us
- Le 4 février 2011 en Egypte, onzième jour de la mobilisation : Moubarak dehors !!!!
- Le cycle des crises aux Etats-Unis depuis 1929
- Le mouvement gagne le Liban après la Tunisie, l’Algérie et l’Egypte...
- Mining disaster in Turkey: Anger with the government grows
- Mouvements sociaux au Mali
- Political Document on Greece
- She was the real Norma Rae
- Spanish revolution and workers’ committees
- Total continue de profiter... en Libye
- Tunisie : tout dépendra des travailleurs
- USA News
- Verts à force de ramper sur le gazon de Monsieur Hollande
- what is Trump’s Plan for USA ?
- Workers struggle in South Africa